Why is it?

Democrats or any liberal voicing their opinions is using their first amendment right to free speech, but Republicans or any conservative does the same and they're an angry mob of extremists? Double standards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is indeed a double standard. There has been for a very long time, but it is becoming more and more noticeable.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• because the dems/libs are educated, sober-minded citizens, and the reps/consv. are unschooled, blind-sheep. . . .isn't that what they want us to believe?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes! Republicans have the complicated job the Democrats will keep dreaming on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Lol funny... I'm the one who gets made fun of and nasty comments when I express my opinion IRL. I'm fairly liberal and live in a very conservative area. This one goes both ways, so your question in itself is a double standard as you fail to see that it's both sides that do this, not just one.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 8:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Jafra_mommy right the GOP is releasing ads and making all kinds of statements about the 'mobs of crazy liberals' LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't watch TV, so I wouldn't know who's releasing what types of ads or what the talking heads are saying - NOR do I care. I prefer forming my own opinion instead of having Glenn Beck or Keith Olbermann tell me what to think. NOT watching TV to inform myself has been one of the smartest moves I've ever personally made. More people should give it a try.

My point still stands, just as many conservatives make nasty and snide remarks about liberals as liberals do about conservatives.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 9:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It is because the people speaking out are right and they don't want to admit it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Because the dems are nuts, and want everything their way or the highway! And look...it's actually happening!
    It comes down to the old saying 'Do as I say, not as I do."
    Nevermind that they have a LONG history of speaking their minds, and often in a confrontational & violent manner!!!
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'd just like to point out that as a liberal, I haven't made one insult towards the other party in any of my responses. Then look at sunnymom3's answer. Hmmm...
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 9:14 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When someone is standing up and revealing the TRUTH, OF COURSE the other side is going to call them "crazy" just to try and convince others to not listen.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009