due date

ok well the last time i had an u/s my doctor told me i was due sep 15th but by going by my period im due sep 22th which i make 34 weeks today,but if i am due sep 15th i am 35 weeks? what should i go by? what did you always go by and was right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go by your last period, they are measuring in a ultrasound and the baby could be measuring big. Your cycle may have been off a few days and it is an estimated due date! Don't worry either way, the baby will come when they are ready!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• more than likely depending on when the u/s was done(8 wks, 20 wks) te most accuate one is dne at 8 wks...thats when my doc gt my due date and its the 31st of august but i get to have my bundle of joy on friday(oh yeah this friday cant wait) but yeah...even if your lmp shows yor due date to be the 22nd of sept......thats only 7 days....so i mean its 7 days sooner than you wouldve mt him originally......but yur doc may lt you go to that day....but all you can do it talk to him an ask his opinion
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• go by when labor starts on its own. plus or minus 2 weeks mama. It is part of the surpirse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• well, due dates are just an estimate. you aren't "done" at 40 wks. if you have a dr, you can go up to 42 weeks. if you have a midwife or an UC, then you can go past 42 weeks. i would just stick w/ the later date.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When was the ultrasound taken? If it was in the first trimester then the ultrasounds are much more accurate at telling the age of the fetus - within a week. If it was in the second trimester then it may not have been as accurate.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009