can they re-circumsize an 11 month old boy when the skin has grown back??

His skin has grown back to the head of his penis, and I am scared of what may be happening in the near future :( I need some advice thankyou

theGillispie08

Asked by theGillispie08 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not usually. If the skin reattaches, its called an adhesion and usually the doc just gives it a quick push and it goes back. It doesnt feel great but its not like recircing. It gets a bit swollen and red and you just have to care for it like you did the original circ. My son had his fixed when he was about 2 yrs old. Within a few days, he was fine. I think my 7 yr old had an ahesion too but he self fixed it when he was playing with it....LOL..He came to me and told me it hurt and it was red. It looked like he had just pulled the skin back. I kinda chuckled to myself and told him he was fine but to keep his hands off it. ITs best just to ask the doc if he does indeed have an adhesion and let him decide how to correct it. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This is called an adhesion. It happens when the remaining foreskin tries to heal and reaattach itself to the head of the penis. You should let it be and it will retract on it's own. If the skin gets pushed back, it will open up new wounds, possibly developing scar tissue and be painful for your little guy. The best thing to do is just let it alone.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 9:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My doc said that at 2 they can either push the skin back or fix it by recutting. But not to worry about until then. Just make sure it stays clean.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2009