my daughter...

she says when she goes tot he bathroom it hurts. she is not constipated but it hurts before and after.it is not hard coming out.i told the dr and she didnt say anything to do???i am perplexed.she is sitting here now hurting again.and i dont know what to do?this has been going on for a long time now.

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well, just because its not hard doesnt mean that it doesnt hurt. Sometimes my kids tell me that and they have logs of poop that are SO big that I cant imagine it NOT hurting. It doesnt have to be firm for it to hurt. Do you see any blood at all, like if the anal area was torn a little while pooping? If so then shes likely just slightly constipated. You could try giving her a half dose of miralax to help make it even softer so that it can come out gradually. If nothing else, ask the doc again and demand an answer from her. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My first thought is to push fluids to help soften or weaken any acid that might be causing the burning. Have you noticed any bleeding or redness? It's possible there is a tear or a hemeroid. If it continues, I'd press the doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Karo syrup makes babies poop, maybe a she needs a laxative but i would try fruit/ liguids/ oatmeal/ healthy diet ideas first. that sucks!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009