If children knew that their survival depended on Government Assistance is it most likely that they will grow up to be self-sufficient breaking the cycle or will they think that is the way of life to continue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• The statistics say that they will more likely just automatically think thats how life is and not know any better, but there are some that will know and decide they were created for something better and do what they can to break the cycle. I know there have been times in my life where I got myself into situations (not PA or anything) and as I came to my senses about where I was really at, I sensed that I did NOT belong in that place. I cant stay in situations that I dont belong. It all comes down to perspective. How I think about situations. I had to take PA ONE TIME about 4 years ago after a month of doing it, I realized that even though our need was great and I didnt have many other choices, I did NOT want to stay there. I allowed them to give me only 2 mos of assistance for food then I told them to stop. I couldnt handle it because I know I was created for better than that. I was grateful, but not going to stay there.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Most likely only if ltheir parents clearly act in a way and lifestyle that disregards that ga is help not support for life. What makes you think this way? Lots of kids from financially poor families make their way to becoming very respectful with jobs and lifestyles as grownups. Having money doesn't guarantee either that our kids turn out great. Lots of middle class and upper class kids do drugs and are alcoholics for life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009