Will I have more success pumping this time around?

I tried to occasionally pump with my first son 8 years ago. I could never get more than an ounce and that amount was a miracle. This time around I will be in school full time and my boyfriend has told me he would love to do a bottle on occasion. I am curious if pumping will work better for me this time around though. I have never been a leaky girl, I breastfed my son for 6 months and never once has to wear a breast pad. I never had even a drip soak through my shirt. When I was nursing before, I attributed my lack of pumping success mostly to the pump I was using. It was a cheapy, but this time around I will be working with something better. Do you think it's possible to become a successful pumper even after my past experiences?

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 8:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DEFINITELY!!! esp if you have a better pump. i would start by pumping after every nursing session, you won't get much out, oh and start about 2 wks pp. that way your body will get used to pumping. make sure you pump after the first am nursing session, you'll get the most out at that time.
    remember, every pregnancy and and baby are diff.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2009