does anyone?

spank their child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Unfortunately, lots of people do.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't anymore, it didn't change behavior. Now I do what I call stepladder - a bad behavior gets punishment being without some thing another bad behavior or repeat of same bad gets immediately another punishment. A few weeks of that now and then and behavior gets alot better far more often than frequently bad behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ever stinkin day.. we are busterz through and through.. they need good disapline..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 9:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• DID, my kids are grown now.

Answer by louise2 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes but it's more a last resort or for something serious. There are various ways to discipline and each child is different in what works for them. You have to be willing to adapt. I've seen beautifully behaved children whom mom & dad only talk to and others that are total brats which means it doesn't work. You have to find what works for your child.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nope. It sends the message that hitting can solve problems and this does not fit with our world view.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes and I don't think there is anything wrong with doing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009