Dogs dying after a person dying?

My friend's dad died and the next day her dog died.
My friend's friend died and her friends dog died the next day.
My friend's friend died she ran over a dog the next night.

Does anyone know anything about this?? LIke what it could mean. I don't think its a coincidence. All this has happened within the past like three months.

Also- its not necessarily the dead owners dog that is dying.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• idk. my grandfather died, and his dogs lived for 3 more years. my brother died and his dog is still around and 17 yrs old.

maybe they could die of grief. or they were their guardian angels and needed elsewhere. depends on what you believe i suppose.

sorry about all the deaths. :(
    honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• wow gosh I am so sorry. I think it's really co incidence. I've had a a lot of losses in the past year and a half and over years two. Animals died before and inbetween. Just fate. How about donating time or goods, animal food, in everyone's honor to several shelters in your family's and friends names? It's all co incidence. God doesn't plot to take one life for another sequentially animal or human.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I do believe that animals can grieve them selves to death. My ex bother-in-law had two blue tick dogs, (female and male) they were mates for most of their lives, the female passed away of old age and the male morned for her and died shortly after her death, the owner tried to get him to do things but he did nothing but look for her and lay around where she died, if was very sad. He was younger than the female so we do not believe he died of old age, we believe he died of grief.
    Also, you may can find this on “national geographic” where a chimp grieved his mother's death so much that he died at only about 2 years old. The mother was like the queen of the pack, and her baby was a brat, really a brat to the other chimps and he knew he could get a way with any thing, she died of old age and he went to the top of a tree and never came back down. It is a really funny and sad documentary.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my daughters bil died of hodkins dog died a month later...my daughter is for sure it was from lonelyness.RAINBOW BRIDGE i believe it.i loved all of my dogs.i cannot believe they wont go to heaven.they give so much to people.
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I agree animals grieve in their own way.
    If they were very close that person, and taht person is gone, perhaps they feel they no longer are needed or have a place and they just pass on.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it is just a weird conincidence.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009