Doctor says don't worry but..

I went for my pre-natal check up yesterday. and as it turns out.. there's still protein in my urine. so I've be told to do another 24 hour urine thing.. but another thing is my blood pressure went up. 138/90. she said I don't have to worry about anything but to come in this Thursday to review the results. :/ I read up it could be the start of pre-eclampsia and I'm quite scared.. oh vey..
and I've only got 3 weeks till his due date.

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 9:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Blood pressure can also be high even suddenly being pregnant from too much salt. I had that in my first pregnancy and had to cut out a whole bunch of food cause of salt in tons of stuff. Laying on my left side for my kidneys too helped with swelling. Almost done mommy!!! Remember to rest now don't wait for orders!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If your doctor said don't worry about it then don't worry about it. They know what they are doing and your doctor isn't going to let anything bad happen to you. Breath and quit reading up on things. You will convince yourself of having problems.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sounds like the making of pre-eclampsia to me too... (I had it with both my boys) I'm sure after you finish this 24 hour urine test if you are still spilling protein in your urine - the Dr. will make the move to either induce you or put you on strict bed rest at home or admit you into the high risk unit at the hospital so they can monitor your blood pressure. The good news is technically you are "full" term at 37 weeks and chances are your baby's lungs are probably mature. Good luck to you!
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about it. the urine tests at the dr office are inaccurate all the time. it could've been from something you ate before you went.
    the 24 hr urine is going to be more accurate. don't worry.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Help yourself now and get bed rest as much as you can. If you have other children ask a relative or partner to pitch in. Protein can be raised by something as simple as a hormonally needed sugary breakfast cereal. That happened to me.

My blood pressure spiked super high too when my doc went against my wishes of previously being told no and asked me to have amnio. For me (not any other mom!!!) my husband and I were set against amnio. Doc asked me again one visit and I stood up yelling firmly NO that I already said NO. Nurse was then taking my pressure too they quick had to calm me down my spike really worried them.

You're almost tlhrough this which is great. Baby's ready to be born really, just having finishing touches put on the little one by God. A kiss here a freckle there to pretty up!!!!

Like other posters said breathe rest. Rest. Rest more off your feet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009