For the past four or five nights, my five month old baby will wake up screaming..

He will go to bed around ten and then around one or so he will wake up screaming and not want to do anything but fuss. I will try nursing him and he will bite me. We will try singing to him and he gets louder. We will try putting him in his swing and he hates it. He will do this for about three hours and he will only eat sitting up. Usually I feed him at night laying down.

It takes all my strength to get him to sleep.

What is going on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he teething? My 8-month old daughter has been wakeing up screaming twice a night for the past 3 nights because her gums are hurting. I give her some teething tablets and tylenol and rock her back to sleep.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I don't know but maybe he dreamed you guys weren't around anymore?? I don't it's said that kids, babys, do dream and/or think things like that, why do you think they cry when you're out the room. How about when he wakes up crying again cuddle him. Lay him in bed with you and cuddle him and show him lots of attention and let him fall asleep with you, in your bed, just until he realizes you're not going anywhere.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 12:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We do that every time he wakes up. He just won't take it. He will calm down mostly if I have him rocking, but he is still very fussy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well try not to rush it. You have to be calm, try your best to be calm. kids can pick up on emotions realy fast. So if you're impatient he's gona be that way.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 9:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009