Chocolate bar OR a Bag of Chips. If you HAD to choose which one would you give to your children?

Come on Moms you have to pick one. There is nothing else to choose from.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hershey,s Chocolate bar from the Hershey Chocolate factory in Hershey PA,
    (we live just a few miles from there, and love to ge visit the factory and get a free small bar)
    It is less fating, and it is portioned better than chips. My kids whine when their 15 portioned chips are done and cannot get more.
    With a chocolate bar they know when their portion is done because the bare is all gone, unlike chips where the bag is still full.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• chocolate bar, its better on the teeth (chocolate melts and doesn't stick chips do), less fattening, and less oils etc in it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Chocolate Bar don't bash here but I know that chocolate can calm some children down. don't start moms I'm warning you! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would let them choose. My kids are old enough to choose what they want. I have a feeling that they would love the chocolate more because they love sugar like any other kid. I also agree that chocolate is better for them, but if they wanted chips, then they can have chips. I dont care. We dont keep either one in our home on a regular basis so I am thinking this would be an emergency??
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I will say chocolate bar. It is lesser of two evils

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If my child had had any sugar that day it would be the chips.Now Im also hoping we have something besides potato chips,say cheetohs lol.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 10:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Chocolate Bar is cleaner with my kids... No crumbs!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Id probably let them choose but if I wanted them to stay clean in my case it would have to be the chips. My 16month old can make a mess with a speck of chocolate- no idea how lol. My 2 year old is better but still gets messy if its a big piece.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• chocolate, if it is fairly traded and not that Mexican Hersheys.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• chips...less messy, lol. If they had chocolate it would be EVERYWHERE!
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009