Would you be offended if someone called you "depressed white trash"?

It's people like that that make people like me want to commit suicide.us

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Consider the source. Consider the source. Consider the source.

(Say this to yourself long enough and maybe it will help. :) )

Answer by Bmat at 10:00 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The depressed part wouldn't bug me, but the white trash might. But like PP said, consider the source! Guaranteed they're way trashier than you.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 10:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Don't let this bring you down to their level of low class negativity. Find empowering phrases so that you can believe more in yourself and not as to what others think.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes, but it is still true. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Wow. Some people can't feel good about themselves unless they are making others feel shitty. Just remember that you are the master of your life and destiny. If you are depressed, go see someone and figure out why and start healing. Life is to be lived and enjoyed. Don't miss out on it. Take control and fix it. Ignore idiotic people who have nothing else to do but be rude.
    MommyLove531

Answer by MommyLove531 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm not trash, honey :) But whatever helps you sleep at night.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about me. I am sorry for making you think that.

lol

I am depressed white trash...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• hold your head up high and don't get in the gutter with a person like that
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 10:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well, I wont say that it wouldnt hurt, but likely I wouldnt let it get to me. I am pretty self assured that I am not white trash so I would, like the first post said, consider the source. I said one time that some could call me fat and ugly and it might hurt my feelings, but they could call me stupid and I would laugh. I know that I am not stupid and I know that I am not white trash. I have been accused of being a snob and uppity and that hurts me more because I really dont want to be perceived as such. I really do try to be compassionate and like everyone and accept everyone. I do have a standard of how I want to dress my children and how I present myself, but that is my personal standard. I dont hold anyone to that, its just for me. If you know youre not, then....let them just think whatever they want. Like you said...whatever helpst hem sleep at night.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:23 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Not especially. I am white, but certainly not "trash". No human being is trash, and I am most definitely not in the category of people who ordinarily get called suich an ugly thing. Nor am I depressed.

If you are depressed, and internalizing this kind of ignorant crap is very often a sign of that, then talk to someone who can help you. A lot of the time, it is depression, low self esteem, and a poor sense of self worth that make us vulnerable to the mean things others say, because somewhere within ourselves, we are afraid that they are right. Even when they're not. Whe you feel good about yourself and are confident in who you are, this kind of thing doesn't have much effect on you. If you need some help getting to that good place in your own head, then get that help.
    jessicas718

Answer by jessicas718 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009