My 9 month old wont hold his own bottle!!!

I think that it is just because he is being lazy, but i have tried everything from just leaving it on the tray to holding his hands up to it and then let go but he just puts his hands down and gets pissed. He is being so stubborn about the whole thing and he is that way with a sippy cup to. does anyone have any suggestions? What age is a an average age for kids to hold a sippy cup when they want a rink and to hold there bottle on there own?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried just lying your baby down, with his head proped up ofcourse, & just putting the bottle on his tummy he will get ma but he has to learn. I m haveing problems with my 11month old not crawling he gets so pissed of that he can't go anywhere by himself with out his walker.
    ashnbra1

Answer by ashnbra1 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Neither of my kids ever held their own bottles. I was ok with that b/c i knew it would be long until they didn't want me to do stuff for them!! I just savored the cuddle time.

As far as the sippy cup... we had to try several kinds to find one they liked. Could it be that he doesn't like the top o n the one your offering? Just a thought.

I do know that he will get independent soon enough, he's still little. Give him time, they all do things on their own time schedule. That was the hardest for me with my MIL in my ear saying so-and-so'd baby is doing "xyz" already!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It could just be that he likes the comfort it gives him, when you give him the bottle. He probably sees this time as a nurturing and comforting time of day. I would just hold it for him, and enjoy the closeness you share at feedingtime.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 2:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009