Hi All, I gained ALOT of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter, almost 60lbs!!

This was my first pregnancy and I went crazy with the food. I lost 20lbs right after giving birth, and on my own in the last 6months, I have only managed to lose 8! I cannot stand this extra weight, and i'm extreemly uncomfortable! I cant seem to change my eatting habits. I've joined weight watchers, but it doesnt seem to help. I do have a gym membership, which I never go to. I do go for walks with the baby a few times a week for about an hour, but i cant seem to get on track with the eatting. I was thinking of using ALLi, Has anyone taken that?? I have heard horror stories though, like messing your pants, and uncontrolable bowel movements :-S But i also heard it works? Can anyone help me. I'm only 5'2 and this extra 30lbs is killing my confidence, big time.

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 10:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• I gained 65lbs with my first pregnancy. I started doing the Billys Bootcamp workout dvds (its easier then getting to the gym & you can do it while the baby naps) I lost everything in 3 months after I started working out. The thing with his workouts is they are pretty low impact and so its easy to do but with great results. I worked out an hour during the naps everyday and then maybe 3 times a week for an hour at night after he was in bed. GL I know the extra weight is just awful for our confidence... I hope this helps
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Stop buying junkfoods.
    Focus your meals and snacks on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• All my life I had been pretty slim, untill I got pregnant. I put on quite a bit of weight (which my doctor said was fine because at the time I got pregnant I was underweight) When I had my son, I lost about 20 pounds right away. After about 6 months of still carrying around 20 extra pounds, I was feeling kind of crappy and I got really motivated because my husband would soon be coming home from Iraq and I wanted to look really good. So, I decided that I needed to step it up. I started taking my son on 1 hour walks every day, I got on my elliptical machine (that my husband had bought for me, at my request before the baby was born, because he knew I was really worried about losing the weight) when the baby was napping, and when he went to bed at night. The great thing about having something like that in your home is you can set it in front of the TV and watch while you are exercising and the time flies!! (Cont.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Also, since I was working out so much more, I really didn't have to give up much of anything that I liked to eat (but I don't eat THAT bad) I just absolutely do not go to fast food resteraunts at all. I also started trying to eat more fruits and veggies.
    I haven't felt so good in years. Also, When my husband came home from Iraq, he was really impressed. ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009