Hi ALL, I gained ALOT of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter ALmost 60lbs!!

This was my first pregnancy and I went crazy with the food. I lost 20lbs right after giving birth, and on my own in the last 6months, I have only managed to lose 8! I cannot stand this extra weight, and i'm extreemly uncomfortable! I cant seem to change my eatting habits. I've joined weight watchers, but it doesnt seem to help. I do have a gym membership, which I never go to. I do go for walks with the baby a few times a week for about an hour, but i cant seem to get on track with the eatting. I was thinking of using ALLi, Has anyone taken that?? I have heard horror stories though, like messing your pants, and uncontrolable bowel movements :-S But i also heard it works? Can anyone help me. I'm only 5'2 and this extra 30lbs is killing my confidence, big time.

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 10:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gained 75lbs when I was pregnant ... big mistake haha. BUT I had my baby on June 11th and I have lost 45 lbs. I'm breastfeeding so that helps, but the only way you will lose weight is to change your eating habits, if only a little bit. By cutting out 200 to 400 calories a day, you eventually lose weight with only a little bit of exercise.

Unfortunately there is no miracle way to lose weight, for some reason when I was pregnant I thought after I had the baby all the weight would come off in 6 weeks haha ... oh well! If you want to talk about it message me ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have the same issues... but i'm still bf'ing. I gained 60 lbs and only lost 20 lbs of it. I'm bf'ing so I can't really not eat or I get all dizzy and stuff. If you are BF'ing, I wouldn't take any diet pills. Try recruiting someone in the neighborhood to go exercise with. That way, you have to go to the gym and not have an excuse.
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 10:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i wish i was breastfeeding, but i gave up, she wouldnt latch on, i pumped for a month but she ended up being allergice to the dairy in my diet, so we switched to alimentuim.
    LeahsMama

Answer by LeahsMama at 10:28 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There are a lot of easy things you can do. Here are some:

1. Stop eating fast food. Eat it only once or twice every 3 ms.
    2. Do not drink juice, alcohol, or soda that is not diet. You don't want to drink your calories.
    3. Keep a running tab in your head of what you eat. If you eat something fatty for breakfast, go very light the rest of the day.
    4. Make sure you're sleeping 8 hrs. a day (if you can).

Losing weight is just a simple numbers game. You must burn more than you take in. If you're willing to just do a few simple things, you will lose it. My parents are both on Weight Watchers and my Mom just lost 40 lbs. in 6 mos. If you can't do it, try a modified version, but the bottom line is, you will lose weight if you take in fewer calories. Nothing else will work. I hear ppl. complain about weight all the time, but they're not willing to give up the fatty foods to lose it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009