Need GREAT recepies for Mother-in-law visit

So here is the situation, I am the second wife of my husband. We have 2 kids, 21 months and 2 months. He has a 7 year old from his previous marriage. My mother-in-law spent a lot of time with my step-son when he was growing up so she is very close to him and his mother. This has made me have to compete for her love in a way. When she comes to our house she takes over cleaning and cooking. I know to some this may sound great but when I clean and cook all day it is REALLY annoying when someone comes in and recleans and cooks something else. So this time I wanted it to be different. She is coming into town in about 3 weeks so I need help with some really good recepies. My husband and I try to eat healthy because he is still in the military and we kind of let our selves go when I got out and we are trying to get our selves back on track. Any suggestions will help with food, as well as the situation.
Thanks

Zavalaam

Asked by Zavalaam at 10:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Send me a message off list if you would like some recipes. Here is an incredibly easy, fabulous dish that can be a side, appetizer or main course with a nice salad:

Toast some sliced polenta (from the tube), laid in a cookie sheet covered with olive oil, put on a dab of marinara, sliced zucchini and mozarella; broiled until the cheese melted; you can serve sprinkled with chopped fresh basil. So yummy and so simple!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• this one won my parents over and its was easy but yet soooo darn good!!!!

SALISBURY STEAK!!

Get 2 LBS of hamburger meat
    2 large eggs
    1/2 Cup of dried unions
    1 cup of italian bread crumbs
    salt/pepper
    5 pkgs. of brown gravy

Mix this all together and let is sit over night.
    Take the meat 30 min. before you are going to cook.
    make the hamburger meat into patties
    brown them on both sides.
    (while cooking the patties i usually start the gravy)
    when the patties are done take them out and place them in a baking pan with paper towls to drain the grease.
    if you have a crock pot i would put the gravy and meat in there and simmer on low. (i usually fo this if i start this at noon or around 3 or 4) if not i would put the meat in a casrole pan with the gravey and bake at 350 for about 30 min.

Make some home made potatos and some biscuts and your good to go!! along with some g
    pinklady09

Answer by pinklady09 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This chicken and smoked sausage stew. Still healthy, simple, and delicious:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/chickenstews/r/r70228a.htm

Serve it with rolls or biscuits and it's a hit.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Try making stuffed manicotti...it's soo good and my husband loves it! I actually just looked it up on the internet and made it. I'd make that and do a ceasar salad!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009