How did you switch from formula to whole milk?

Did you just switch them, or did you mix the formula in with the milk, or just give a couple oz of milk at a time?

Any ideas would be helpful!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just switched my son. Off of formula all throughout the day, one cup at night... Milk throughout the day... That worked for me, but I've heard some children don't really take to the taste of milk...
    So some mix formula with milk; and add a little more milk to each cup.... Whichever you believe would be easier for you
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i just switched my lil one but if i could do it over again i would do it slowly. you can even add mil to the formula or just lil oz at a time!
    pinklady09

Answer by pinklady09 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I just switched cold turkey. Once they started drinking milk at meal times. Even if it was just gumming table stuff I would give them some milk in a sippy cup. After they had had it a bunch I just stopped the formula and switched to milk. I did it at 12 months with each of my kids (i tried the next step formula with my 1st DD but it was too much for her and she got constipated). With my 2nd I used 2% instead of whole because the whole was a little much for her at first. Ive heard some moms use siy milk at first if their kiddio didnt like the taste of the milk. I never had a problem. Oh and I would warm the milk up in the bottle when i switched. After awhile I would stop doing it but it usually took awhile before they liked it cold.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• just gave my son a sippy cup of milk. He gave me a weird face at first but he did just fine
    ashnbra1

Answer by ashnbra1 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• we just started mixing a coule ounces of milk in. up it an ounce at a time every few days. we are still in the transition
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I swapped out two ounzes at a time, once a week for 4 weeks, until it was only whole milk. A friend of mine told me to do this, but I really don't know if it matters whether or not you go cold turkey switch a little at a time.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 2:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009