Mean to mommy?

Ok. My son whines and crys and is miserable and it seems to be ONLY for me... WHY??? I don't cater to his whining, I ignore when they are for nothing, I have rules but I also try to be silly and fun and I love him SO Much.. but WHY is he like this for Me?? its ALL the time and It makes me SO SAD and disappointed and it makes being a mommy a million times harder than it is already. I do charts and stickers and we play but every morning he wakes up whining and sometimes won't snap out of it for the whole 2 hours I am with him and as soon as I pick him up he's like that for me too. My mom has him in the afternoons and says its clearly for my benifit. he has ALL my attention when I am with him. what am I doing wrong?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• mommy's get the best and the worst.. its just a by-product of being a mommy.. I don't know what to tell u.. my daughter whines ALL DAY with me, but as soon as she's with someone else there's no whining she's all smiles and playing happily. Soon as I get her back its whine city all over again. Drives me nuts, but I just deal.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It is not you, it is him. Some kids are high needs. You may try and find out what irritates him. He could have a sensory integration problem, or just an emotional kid. I have a kid with a sensory integration disorder

and when he was younger, he would wake up irritable. I had him checked for sugar problems since eating helped with his attitude.  I found that he needed bear hugs to help him adjust his crying and bad attitude.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• How did you know what to get him tested for? My peds don't seem worried that he's always crying or irritated>? Should I get a new one? Or what type of tests should I ask for? Bear hugs make him freak out. Is that normal?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My son isn't mean ALL the time, but there are times he gives me a really hard time. But he'll be good as pie for his grandma or aunt...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My son does the same thing with me and his dad. When he is with his dad, gma or anyone else, he is fine but when he is with me, I get the arguing, the griping and anything else that he can think of...I just tell him that if he doesn't listen, then things are going to start coming out of his room, get grounded. As for the bear hugs, he might be claustrophobic and that s why he is freeking out
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 11:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• How old is your child? It is very possible that this is just a stage.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• he's 21 months old.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• if you work out side of the home. maybe he is trying to guilt you. my kids did this to my hubby for awhile.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 12:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009