What is the best fabric softner to use that makes your clothessmell so good that you can smell it when someone walks past you that is kinda on the cheaper side??? Is there even a such thing out there?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I swear by Febreeze Laundry Odor Eliminator...it's about $10 for 1 1/2 quarts--but you only need a "splash" of the stuff or cap full. I add it to the softener compartment of my washer when I start my load. Hasn't failed me yet--even with sandy/salty/musty beach towels!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ohh im gonna have to try that with my towels. They all smell musty its gross. I remember reading somewhere your not supposed to use fabric soften on towels for a fire hazare, any idea if thats true? Great question too. Ive heard Gain is supposedly really good but Ive never tried it. I use dryer sheets for static and rip them in half. Its cheep but you cant really smell it when you walk by.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i just love the smell of fresh clean laundry when you pu it on and i have walked by people that smell like fresh laundry and i want to smell like that!!!!! lol
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yeah me too! They have a febreeze that smells like clean laundry that my hubby sprays in his locker to make things smell better. Maybe you could try that?
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I buy the huge thing of Snuggle from Sam's club. I just love the smell of clean laundry!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 11:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have had asthma attacks triggered by the scents of other people's laundry.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• really, i LOVE the smell of fresh laundry!! but i'v never had an asthma attack and i do have asthma, i guess i dont have it as bad as you.....
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I love Gain fab softener! be sure you dont overload your machine--the less clothing you put in--the more you will smell the fab softener afterwards--even after they have been in a drawer.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't know if you have a dollar general in your area, but they sell a concentrated off brand fabric softenner for around 1.75 and it comes in a 2 quarts carton. You recycle another bottle and add water as directed, it smells just as good as snuggle. Purex is also good and on the cheaper side
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think the smell that you are thinking of is Downey April Fresh. I love that smell!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 1:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2009