Welfare medical fraud

My DH got a letter in the mail saying he has 10 days to provide medical for his son, but when I called his sons mother she said that she would give me a copy of the medical card she has though PA... she said why pay for it when she can get it for free and she wont give me his sons SSN because she doesnt want him put on his medical even though Domestic relations is requiring him to put him on it.... Now... to my question... If the child can get medical through a parent for fairly cheap, is it not fraud for her to continue using free medical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Okay,lets just say I am wrong and you have both. Fine you can be right...WHY would you do that? Kaiser is HMO insurance and they pay for a lot. WHY would want your child on medical? That seems so wrong. Youre taking advantage just because you CAN? Pay the damn copays and co insurance and get off the state insurance. Its for people who dont have insurance. This is why the healthcare in america is crap. People like this taking advantage. Pregnant women insurance is different because the amt is still very high, but to live on both for a long period of time is wrong. That might just be my opinion and that might make you mad, but I dont care. Im tired of paying for all of my childrens expenses because they are MY children and youre double dipping.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• no its not, in fact you can have both legally. so w/e 1 doesnt cover the other will.

your guy can simply go to the social security office to get his sscard
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yes that is fraud. A child that has access or is eligible for medical insurance on a parents plan through their work or group insurance is NOT eligible for medicaid or state run insurance. If she is being asked to place him on the parents policy, and she refuses, they could cut her off. The child can be dropped and then he has NO insurance until they comply. SO any expenses he incurs during the time of ineligibility, they will be responsible for paying. I pray that he doesnt break a bone or anything. Its not much more expensive to place a child on a parents policy. If he doesnt have a spouse, it would be employee plus child and thats not that expensive. Less than it would be if he were dropped. If the state finds out, then shes going to be sorry and its just poor character that makes people act like that. I would not want my children on medicaid if they didnt have to be. I love our private insurance even though we do pay .
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• momofsee thats is so wrong. I have Kaiser Permanante and Medi-cal thru the state. Not fraud sorry. alls you have to do is tell medi-cal or which ever that you already have insurance and they work with your insurance. NOT FRAUD
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• momofasee, thats how I thought of it too. She wants him on medicaid because if he is on my DH's insurance then she will have to pay co-pays (a whole 20 dollars) and for his prescriptions once a month, she thought my DH was responsible for ALL of his medical, as she always thinks shes right, i read her the medical form from domestic relations which states that she is responsible for 50%.... thats when she said she didnt want him to be switched
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No the first post is not right. I called Peachcare (not medicaid, but GA state insurance) when my children were eligible for BCBS through my husband. I knew that it would be expensive to add all of them on his policy. They told me that they WOULD NOT cover my children if they had access to other healthcare through group insurance. It MIGHT vary state to state, but this is what I was told. The only person I know that can be double covered is a pregnant woman. She can apply for medicaid to pick up the balance of what her ins doesnt pay. Ive done that three times and it wasnt much, but for kids, I dont think it works that way. ALso they are asking him to put him on the insurance. SO if he does and the drs office files THAT first, which they are required to do, then medicaid will SEE that he has other insurance and dont be surprised if the mother isnt contacted about it. I could be wrong, but I dont think so.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Dom123123, then why on the form do they ask if the child is eligible for medical through either parent?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Its not fraud. I dont know how anyone would think that.

example...not that i need u to know my finances but here it goes...lol

my mom provides my healthcare because im a full-time student thru a private insurance group

I recently had some issues to where I couldnt pay my premiums and co-pays because of money so I went to the state office to see if they could help and since I am under 19 and in college I was automatically covered for full-coverage medi-cal.

So now I have nedical and Kaiser (thru my mom) and what I can pay for kaiser, gets billed, and medi-cal pays the rest. That simple.

If it was fraud they would not have did that for me. You husband or whoever just needs to get his social and put his child on his insurance and then contact the PA and the child can have both.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• But I get to go to my same doctor and everything thru my private insurance...so its not like I get less quallity of care or anything.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• dom123123, my DH has highmark blue sheild, the only thing she would be responsible for is co pays.... EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING would be covered. Either way, even if its not fraud, is it not wrong for her to use state insurance when its not really needed? she, isnt eligible for it, but their son is because he was before and hes under 18, does that not say that she does in fact make too much money?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009