can one still have a baby after 3yrs of menopause?

only because I think my husband wants to try again.to have one more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/545.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• do you have your period still? from my understand i thought menopause meant you were done being fertile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think you could if you used donor eggs or adopted and embryo, but if your docotor confirmed menopause, you are no longer fertile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Until menopause is complete it is possible to get pregnant. It is also dangerous and high risk for you and baby. Chromosomally damaged children are more the norm than not in perimenopausal women. Even in vitro isn't a good choice. Your ovaries are ceasing/have ceased production od essential hormones to carry a healthy pregnancy. Best advice though is talk to your GYN.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Some docs think a year without a period means menopause has set in. but I suddenly had a period out of the blue, heavy like it used to be, several years ago after NOT having a period for over two years. I had to miss my dd class trip chaperoning on it cause that period came so fast and unexpected. Women in their fifties and sixties have gotten pregnant long term in menopause.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009