Hi anyone. I am considering getting lap band sugery sometime in January. I am tired of being over weight. Anyone here have that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• I know a lady at work that had that done and now she has to wear splints every day because it messed up her legs. Don't be lazy. Lose weight the right way.. diet and exercise. Don't take the easy way out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Gee anon :40 how compassionate. So sick of POS CM's. OP..consider bypass instead. I considered both. Even my Dr was not impressed with success rates of lapband. I did bypass and could not be happier with my choice. Which ever yiou choose do you homework so you're informed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My MIL had gastric bypass, and needless to say while it worked well in the beginning she has put most of the weight back on! You really have to make a lifestyle change, and I think if you are ready for that change then you could do it the right way! If you are a little more adventurous then you could apply for Biggest Loser....I love that show and you would be able to encourage so many!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• First thing to consider is that this is major surgery, there are risks. Without knowing how much you are overweight no one can tell you if the risk is worth the benifit.   If you are over 50 lbs overweight I would consult a doctor and look at all possibilities.  There are new medications, diets and surgery of course.  Only you and your doctor can decide which is best for you. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009