Do you know any women who got pregnant while weighing 200-300 pounds + ?

This question is not for bashing overweight women. I'm not asking if you agree with big women getting pregnant. Please keep all rude opinions to yourself. Thank you.

If you know someone (or if you are that person) who was heavy and got pregnant did they have any trouble with conceiving or their pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Two of my friends were both about 300 when each conceived each time. Doctor's just watched extra carefully blood pressure etc. Healthy babies and mommies at delivery and after still.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My friend weighed 350+. She has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome- So some trouble with conceiving and gestational diabetes during pregnancy. Healthy baby though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I myself am overweight...I have no problem getting pregnant, however I do not have an easy time maintaining my pregnancies. My first was a miscarriage, 2nd was on and off bed rest due to bleeding while also taking medication...result healthy baby, and I am pregnant again and on the same medication and they have their eyes on me closely again! Good Luck to you, and I hope all works out for you!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i have seen stories of "super sized moms" don't know how much of it's real though...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I knew a lady. She didn't have any problems. She actually had nine kids and was always pretty heavy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I had 3 children. No major complications or issues getting that way really and no major issues during the pregnancies or giving birth either.

Never had a miscarriage, never had diabetes or anemia,etc.

Im over 200.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I am currently 216. At the beginning of this pregnancy I weighed 200. I have not had any health issues because of it. Although I will say that a few months before I got pregnant I weighed 200 and was going to go on a diet, my Dr suggested we do a body mass composition test. It is way different and better than doing a BMI test. It showed that i only had 20% body fat. The rest is muscle mass and some water weight. No need to go on a diet. Just for the fun of it though he did a BMI test and it showed 30% body fat. Then we discussed the difference in between the two. one can actually tell you where the fat is the other just takes the numbers put it into a formula and gives you a percentage. Not very reliable. I have very low cholesterol and a low heart rate. Sometimes weight is just a number.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• DH's aunt has battled thyroid and diabetic problems majority of her life. She weighs about 300lbs. She had 2 kids in her 20's and DR's told her she wouldn't likely have anymore since she never had a period. At 45 she became pregnant after being told she was going thru menopause. She went for her yearly checkup and that's when they found out she was 6 almost 7 months pregnant, they found out the sex the same day.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 11:09 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I really don't have any overweight friends since I have met most of them at the gym. My aunt is about 360lbs she has two kids. She was on bedrest with both of them and nearly died with her second child. The doctor reccomended she get her tubes tied since she was not healthy enough to have more kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I was 195lbs when I got pregnant with my first and then between 220-240lbs when I got pregnant with the next 3. I never had any problem getting pregnant and actually get pregnant at the drop of a hat. The middle two were conceived the 1 and only time we had sex in months...both times (right around our wedding anniversary). My youngest was just about the same.
    Never had any problems with any of the pregnancies except a lot of hip pain with my last one because my hips don't sit right and were popping in and out of the sockets with every step (very painful).
    I got pregnant again back in February (at 250lbs) but lost the baby at 12 weeks. My only miscarriage and everything was perfectly fine until that moment. I've never had diabetes (of any kind). All of mine were c-sections, though, because of my misshaped pelvis.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 AM on Aug. 11, 2009