Do you like bats?

My daughter and I went for a walk a couple nights ago at twilight. We saw about 5 bats. It was fun, we laid on the grass and watched them swoop. (Till the mosquitos tried to start a fire to roast us. LOL) I never knew that they made sounds we could hear. (I thought they had a higher frequency.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I like them very much. I love to look outside at dusk and see them swooping around in front of the streetlights, looking for bugs. Bats play a very important role in controlling insect numbers, and in ecological balance in general. I think they are neat little creatures.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• That sounds like so much fun. I would have probably done it too. Although once in Australia I had a huge bat swoop at me which freaked me out. If they started swoopin at me Id run haha.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No,I hate,I have to run out of my apt& have someone get the dang thing out for me,I do'nt even like to watch them on TV
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I like them too! We have a few that we see around our house at night. I like them because they eat the mosquitos. My parents just put up a "bat house" which is this thing that they can climb inside of and hand upside down in. They have a pond in their back yard and are always looking for ways to keep the mosquito population under control.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i love watching the bats here at home...wheni was little i was fixnated on have one as apet...i wanted a fruit bat...my mom said when i get a place of my own then i could have one..hehe
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009