feeding my 7 month old

how often should i feed him? he nurses and eats solids.

Marissa87

Asked by Marissa87 at 10:50 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i always nursed on demand. but as far as solids, i usually try feeding about the same time me, or family are eating. that way baby gets used to eating with the family. of course baby may want a snack. with mine his biggest snack time was between lunch and dinner.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• so should i feed him breakfast lunch and dinner?
    Marissa87

Answer by Marissa87 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I always offered the solids first at BRK,LCH and DINN and then I would nurse.
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 11:08 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well I don't nurse, I give formula, and she takes a bottle 3 times a day. Bottle for breakfast then a bottle at lunch then I would give her solids then around dinner time I give her solids then a bottle. Plus she eats snacks through out the day {fruits} and drink water.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 12:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have a 7 month old also and just started solids with her but she nurses so there is kind of a difference because they may eat differently with formula and Breast milk I know breast milk is not quite as filling but she just eats like once a day I am just introducing new things to her.
    HeidilovesNyla

Answer by HeidilovesNyla at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• When mine was 7 months, he got a few bites to a tub of food about once a week. He started asking for a few bites of our dinner a couple months later. He didn't start eating meals until just after his birthday when he showed that he needed more food. It is important to nurse first to be sure he gets the milk that he needs. Food is just for practice, not nutrition right now. It is just extra.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:37 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My 6 month old is eating 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and then she nurses on demand in between. I try to keep her meals around our mealtimes, so she will be used to that, that way she won't have to readjust later.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 2:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009