Do you clean the inside of your washer?

I know you are supposed to, but I can't get the lid (to the frame) up to do so. Any hints for me?
Ladies who have problems with mildewy smell this is often the problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• After cleaning it many times I saw a tip in Heloise. Clean your washer one final time. THEN make it a point to leave the lid or door up or open at least one hour after your last load. The water left inside will evaporate and eliminate odors

As for a tip..my washer is a Maytag and it has a little slot that I have to put a screwdriver in to release thie catch. Then it opens right up. Maybe yours does too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No. In reality, not many people do. Lol. I honestly have never even thought about it. I do clean the filter.. but that's about it.
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 10:59 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• haha..i didnt know you were supposed to...LOL so no i dont, this is something I have learned, OMG now I want to clean it.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I run a full hot load of bleach about once a week. also, i wipe down the outside cracks with an old toothbrush and vinegar every couple of weeks when it starts to look yucky.
    iteebitsmom

Answer by iteebitsmom at 11:04 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my washer has a 'wash cycle'. it just runs smokin hot water with bleach.

leave the door open to avoid that mildew smell.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:18 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I cleaned it when we moved in 11 years ago. I wipe the surface every couple of weeks. I always leave it open when it does not have laundry in it. It has never smelled badly.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You are supposed to clean your washer? I seriously had no clue. So I have never cleaned mine. I always leave the lid open maybe that is why it doesn't smell.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 3:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Go with the bleach, and vinegar gets rid of any smell as well..wipe down the outside...this is a task I've been avoiding for 3 weeks now.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2009