Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How bad is it to eat moldy bread (accidentally of course!)

Ok I am an idiot, hence the anonymous question. I ate one bite of a muffin before spotting a tiny bit of mold on it. Now, I know that this means there is mold throughout, but I spit most of the bite out. It made me throw up, but no fever or any other symptoms. I'm worried about the baby.....anybody that can help me calm down?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (3)
  • You will be ok.The baby will be fine.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

  • I think your fine.
    you did throw it up after spitting it out. so I don't think it got in your system yet to reach the baby.
    kittenripmaygo

    Answer by kittenripmaygo at 11:17 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

  • A tiny bit of mold is not going to hurt you or the baby. It would more than likely be destroyed by the acid in your stomach anyway.
    SabrinaL

    Answer by SabrinaL at 3:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.