miscarrage on 6/10/09

i had a miscarrage with twins what are the chaces of getting pregnant with twin again ? my grandpaw has a twin sister .my husbands great uncles are twins.

becca2296

Asked by becca2296 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The statics for having multiples run from the maternal side, so bonus points for your grandfather...........
    Have you had any other children? Are there any potential health issues/bad habits that need to be addressed?
    I hear eating lots of wild yams may have an effect.........
    Good Luck!
    littlestchef

Answer by littlestchef at 12:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• well, i'm not 100% sure what your chances are, but it seems likely that it may happen again. You could always talk to your doctor about getting on a fertility pill to increase that chance a little more. I myself was a twin, but my twin brother was miscarried when my mom was 6 months along. Twins run in both sides of my family, but my moms first pregnancy(with me) was the only twin pregnancy she had. So, considering that everyone is different, I can't say for sure, but anything is possible. Talk with your doctor to see...
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yes i have 3 children 13 year old boy 11 year old daughter and a 8 year old daughter. when my son was born they said i had 2 plasintas was he supposed to be a twin?
    becca2296

Answer by becca2296 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2009