My child is starting school,.

Im a full time mom and its hard for me to find someone to take my child to and from school, is it a ok thing to ask another parent to bring my child home or is that just a rude thing to do?? Im down to my last resort.,

jp0929

Asked by jp0929 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you are friends I think it would be OK to ask. Offer to pay her for it. You can try craigslist too.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it's okay to ask someone else to bring your kid home. I would highly recommend offering something like $20 bucks a week or something if you can swing it, to do so though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's okay...i'm sure you'll make sure that you get to know the parent before hand. Try sitters.com. I had to open an account to look for afterschool care for my son. There are plenty of college students looking for gigs like this.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:58 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If you know and trust them yes I would be giving gas money and suppling snacks for afterschool
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• as long as you trust them its ok,you gotta work with what you have but be kind and never for get her birthday give her gas money so you know she knows you appriciate her help.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't have a problem with bringing someone's child home from school, especially if I knew they really needed the help. As long as you trust them, then I don't see a problem with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I was in a similar situation but with before school. I needed someone to let my son sit on their couch for an hour before the bus came--he would be 100% ready for school, fed, dressed, etc! I asked one friend and she said "no" I asked another who said "are you kidding me? Of course!" I gave her some money every week just to let her know I appreciated it. If someone needs me to pick up their kid or get them off the bus I don't have a problem with it (my hours allow me to be home when the bus gets there!). I know how hard it is to find reliable/affordable care.

Perfectly okay to ask. Our school also offers before and after school care. The afterschool isn't too bad since it's a monthly cost---depending on your budget might be something to look into.

Good luck If you were closer to me I'd do it for you!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I dont' see why not -- I def. offer to pay or maybe take turns....
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Who will be with your child until you get home from work? Maybe you can find a college student who can pick up your child and stay at your house until you get home from work.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2009