A Cat Spaying Question?

I get Cats coming my Way. Dumped here, left here like 3 in A box once! So I'm up to 13. I'm Jobless & so is my DH.! Times Are tough! But my Question is this. I had my Tiny Russian Blue look Female Spayed. She was under 2 I believe. We had her & her 2 Kittens "Fixed" the end of June! One month later she went up to 9lbs.# Now almost 2 weeks later she's close to 11lbs.#!! Her Kittens that are now 10 mos. old aren't gaining weight! She's closing in on my Fat Siamese, Stinkie who's 17 lbs.#!! Now I can't afford medical care so I can't take her in. She's Well, Healthy, Happy & Loving Life Etc.. Is this odd? This hasn't happened really before! Has it to your Cats!? Stinkie is Fat & is 12 year old! Just wondering your opinions. Thank you for any kind Replies! Mean ones not accepted! I thought maybe she thought she was Pregnant Again & its A Fasle pregnancy thing? Hey it can happen to Cats too!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:22 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pets

• my weenie dog and my Cat got huge after they were fixed.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:27 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• when animals are fixed their hormones deposit fat differently...all of my cats packed on weight once they were fixed...i have a boy whose about 25lbs and he spends most of his days out side...ur kittens rnt gaining weight probably b/c they r young and more active then their mom is some cats slow down after they r fixed some dont...my cats remained very active but they still packed on the pounds...its the same with dogs to
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:56 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Rainmommy is exactly right. I volunteer for a free clinic for spaying/neutering. It is perfectly normal for a cat to gain weight as an adult after you get them fixed. As long as she is active and healthy looking there is nothing to worry about!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009