Potty Training a 21 Month Old

I am only trying this now because I am on maternity leave. I go back to work in a month and would like to get this under control. My son is stubborn but we bought training pants and he has used the toilet a couple times but usually doesn't want to because he doesn't want to stop playing. He goes when he first wakes up, but we have to take him and put him on the toilet. He doesn't use the inicator on the pants letting him know he needs to use the toilet. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to help him become trained?

Zavalaam

Asked by Zavalaam at 11:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried a rewards system? It worked for mine.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I also gave my son rewards when I was potty training him... I also took him to the bathroom every 30-60 min... He started to get it in about a week or two.
    fla_rea

Answer by fla_rea at 9:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009