Any effective ways of getting rid of roaches?

We moved into a house in the country, and it is infested. We have tried bombs, spray, boric acid, gels, even a pest control company! We are getting a house at the end of this year, so we are stuck til then. We have never had roaches before this, but we always lived in town. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You won't like it - but it does work. Get some lizards and let them loose in your house. They eat the roaches. I had a family friend once that had this problem - nothing worked. So we got a dozen "rusty lizards" and just literally turned them loose in the house - yeah it's icky - but not as icky as roaches. It took about a week before we started noticing that the numbers of roaches were dropping. The lizards will also find the nest and eat the eggs and young. And the lizards will not hurt your or your children. They don't bite people, they run and stay hidden. They'll get in the walls, attic, under sinks, appliances, etc. Wherever a roach can go a lizard can go - and eat it. It's very effective for country homes.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ewwwww...umm
    lets see
    they are probably in your walls

at my old appt, sadly, the neighbors had rroaches, after a few months the roaches found a way to get thru the wall and they were infested in there and started comming into my appt. yuck, makes me squeen just thinking about it. I moved..lol i dont like bugs or insects or rodents so i gave my 30-day the day i noticed one...lol

hmmm...u can try a crap load of traps...put them in and around your house
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There is no way to get rid of them. And I would be careful moving things to a new house. I would spray the new house as soon as I got everything moved in.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• boric acid and bay leaves

keep everthing really dry

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'd have to say the poster with the lizard idea is pretty spot on. We got a used fridge when I was a kid. Unknown to us it was full of roaches. Our house was soon infested. We lived out in the country and one spring for some reason the frog population was huge. We started getting these little frogs in our house. (I don't even know how they were getting in! ) So, we were trying to get rid of the frogs, but then we started noticing the roaches were diminishing! So we left the frogs alone for a while. Soon we had no more roaches. My mom still lives in that house and the roaches have never come back. Neither have the frogs! LOL!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You guys are making my skin crawl.....I was once told the only way to get rid of roaches, was to burn the house down, and that's just what I'd do.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• Gee, someone can't exactly burn down the house they have to live in-I don't think they want to be homeless!
    ladybug4

Answer by ladybug4 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2009