Testing you observation skills....

When you see a person for the first time do you think you could know if the person is a "mild" mental case?

What are some examples of how people behave that tells you that some people it is just not normal?

I'm talking about eccentrics, cases of ADD, cases of depression, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh gosh My Mom has this friend, Who wears light up high heels. White see through pants and holds a fuzzy cow purse. Also she wears those hair rubber bands that are like 5 different neon colors. Haha if that isnt eccentric I dont know what is. She is soooooooo Dramatic too. Everything is ALWAYS about her. She has like 50 cats and 2 dogs... she is a nutty one
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:34 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• nope. i have a friend who appears normal, but she really has a personality disorder. medicated and under normal circumstances she is fine. but when she gets stressed out or changes meds, she is a completely different person and is a danger to herself.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• People that seem too happy and jumpy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• nope.

I have severe depression and panic disorder. and bipolar disorder. no one knew until this past january when I had a suicidal breakdown.

I've been dealing with this for years and no one was the wiser - all my friends were shocked that I could hide it that well - it did kill many friendships because they were hurt that I didn't share with them. but its such a painful and dark thing to deal wtih I didnt' want any sympathy or 'oh poor you'

Anonymous

• anon :35

Good for you that you are trying to deal with the problem.

Now answering to OP question. The other day had a lady passing by who decided to tell me hat she just saw an act of God. She was telling that she is sorry to disrupt me but she had to tell someone. Her business partner had an accident which make her realized that her partner was stealing from her. She said she was so happy and that it was God who caused his partners accident. Maybe this is a case of Euphoria! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well, I have a pretty severe anxiety disorder and ADD. Unless you knew me REALLY well, and for years you would never know. Most of my closest friends don't know about the anxiety because I take my medication for it. As for the ADD, well, you can kind of tell sometimes. My husband has a pretty bad case of ADHD and it is pretty apparent.
    As for other people, I don't judge at all because I know for a fact that it isn't their fault. It is something that they can't control. If they don't want people to know about it, they don't tell them, it is their choice. If they want to talk about it, great. I just try and be friendly with everyone, reguardless of what may or may not be "wrong" with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I usually I'm aware when people talk too much. I stay away from them. They make nervous. Maybe I'm the one with the mental case LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 11, 2009