getting the crap kicked out of me and cant sleep--tips please

I'm 24 weeks along and cant sleep because my baby is kicking the crap out of me. any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try to avoid a lot of sugar before bed. Later, the doc might have you do kick tests & they will tell you to drink orange juice to get baby active so that is something to avoid if you don't want to be kicked. Spicy foods, too, can sometimes get baby going.

I can't say it gets any better but it will change as baby grows. As quarters get a bit tighter, those round-house kicks will cease, as baby no longer has room to maneuver that way. But, you are pretty much going to get kicked for the next 16 weeks. Try to enjoy it as much as you can--one day, you will honestly miss it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do you drink caffiene?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:36 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• im right there with you at 27 weeks tho
    every freaking morning my baby goes nuts. Its like, will he be like this later when he is born?

Try laying on a side where it doesnt bother you so much, maybe take a warm bath real quick or drink some water..thats what I try before I give up

Good Luck
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• umm.... no i cut down. i used to drink a lot. but now i drink a cup every once in a while. never more that 1 a day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Im going through the same thing right now at 20 weeks. Other than the kicks being painful sometimes I like to feel him moving around. Actually for the first time yesterday my DH and Mom got to feel him
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:45 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• sounds like your baby will be an athlete!

ask doc/nurse at doc office if there are some yoga positions for pregnant moms at your stage.

i had pinched nerve, did yoga it helped

and sisters baby was going to be breech, had c section all scheduled and at last chance option nurse gave her yoga positions to do, and this moved her baby to correct position, maybe would help?

sending you sweet dreams for tonight..gl

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Im in my 15th week of pregnancy and its my first so I wish I had advice to give you from experience, but I have heard that playing soothing music or sometimes singing and humming will put the baby to sleep in the womb.

I cant wait to experience this, hopefully my lil one wont be so eager to get my attention at 2am lol!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks and my baby is doing the same i don't sleep much it's killing me.. But i know in the end it will all be worth it.. So i just deal with it
    Mandy211

Answer by Mandy211 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009