Do you think THIS Congressman gets it?!

Great Town Hall Meeting from North Jersey!! (Just ignore the elderly BRITISH sounding supporter of Health Care Reform...LOL)

http://www.northjersey.com/multimedia/video/52913557.html

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 11:43 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes it's everyone else's civic and American duty to provide for me and my children...*eye roll*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm all for healthcare reform and I'm a working class tax paying 3rd generation American.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• So I should pay for YOUR healthcare, at the expense of MY children?! I don't think so! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

Well, of course, Lori. Why wouldn't we want to put our children and grandchildren at risk for someone else?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Thanks Lori im trying to veiw it it keeps lagging on me.Once I get to see it I will respond.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• We all know this isn't about health care, it's about FREE health care.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:15 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes, it makes perfect sense. Brangelina should pay for all our meds. Why? Because Obama said so! We wren't capable of providing for ourselves or our children. Yes, I am being sarcastic.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well even though some of the speakers were louder, and more dramatic than they needed to be, and the chanting seemed rehearsed...I'm glad to see that there wasn't any violence.

Lori, as for your title. So someone can't be born in England or elsewhere in the UK and a naturalized citizen here? So if you have a different accent your support for the bill can't possibly be legit? LOL.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• That was great loved it...and some of those questions are the same ones we have been presenting here.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• What does it matter what accent someone has?

You know, I used to think people were crazy for saying that anyone against Obama and his policies is racist but I'm beginning to think that the statistics back that up. It seems to me that a awful lot of people who rally against Obama are racist or xenophobic or otherwise bigoted against anyone who isn't just like them.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009