Do I need to be worried??

I just went in for my 1st weekly appt yesterday (I'm 36 weeks) & somehow I ended up losing a pound, & when they measured my belly, it said I was in the negative for this week...basically meaning I haven't gotten any bigger since my last appt. I don't know if I should be worried, & I did ask the Dr. & he said it was fine since the baby moves all the time & her heart rate was good. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them & if everything turned out alright.
Oh, also, how bad is it to take Motrin in your 3rd trimester? I had a HORRIBLE migraine last night, still kinda have it & Motrin was the only thing I could find to take. I tried to tough it out, but I just couldn't.
Thanks ladies

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my son i gained a total of 24 pounds and my belly didnt change in size since month 6...i had him early because he quit moving and ran out of room i had him at 34 weeks...he ws fine...spent 6 days in the nicu...but hes never been sick so hes ok....i thin your fine...you have one wee till your full trm and youll see your doc then....some times you just hit a stall....its ok...as long as shes still moving....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do NOT take anymore motrin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• the only thing you should take for pain in your 3rd trimester is Tylenol.
    and not gaining any weight is fine.as long as the baby is still growing. alot of women lose their appetite towards the end, b/c the baby is pushing up on ur stomach and there's no room for any food.
    what did ur doctor say? if ur ob wasn't worried, then u shouldn't be
    I'm 35wks pregnant and I don't have any appetite. I haven't gained any weight since last appt. but i just had an u/s and they said the baby grew 1.50 lbs.so thats good
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• yea the motrin can cause birth defects and preterm labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• my dr said to take excedrin for the terrible headaches i had. so switch to that or ask your dr first. if you dr said your fine then your fine. i haven't gained weight either but sure i will towards the end. i'm at 28 wks.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Drink a LOT of water, get some healthy food, and a lot of rest, hun. IF you still really need it, go for a Tylenol (Acetaminophen). It can be normal for moms to lose a little weight and fundal height at the very end-- maybe you're close...? IF baby's vitals are good then try to rest up & all, get yourself in good shape for an adventure ahead!

;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• First of all... motrin during pregnancy can cause a heart defect in the baby so dont take it!!

Secondly... at 36 weeks your baby most likely dropped a bit which would put him/her further down in your pelvic area making the top of your uterus lower also. TOTALLY nothing to worry about unless you measure more than 3 weeks off either direction.

As for the weight... dont worry about your weight. 1 pound could be the difference in one meal, the time of day, or the last time you went to the bathroom. Weigh yourself sometime, then go pee and weigh yourself again... it can cause your weight to change.

None of those things, except for taking the motrin, are causes for concern
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• and DONT listen the poster "melody" her doc is a quack!! Excedrin contains asprin and asprin isnt safe for anybody under the age of 20... yes, TWENTY!!! Thats is soooo unsafe for an unborn baby
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:49 PM on Aug. 11, 2009