my last ultrasound was at 19 weeks. when do you think another routine ultra sound will be performed?

mom2b111009

Asked by mom2b111009 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine was done at 8 weeks, 20 weeks, 32 weeks, and the day beofre my c-section(its in 3 days)
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i think this partially depends on your insurance. for me, i had medicaid and they only do the 20 week u/s checking for sex and all the body parts. i wasnt allowed another, unless of course a problem was suspected.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• towards the end..but I'm not sure, I've had 3in the past month, and 1 when I was 16wks, and then another at 26wks do to high risk pregnancy.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• unless you're high risk or something comes up, you probably won't have another one.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 12:26 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• it depends on your insurance, your doctor and if you are high risk.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• My pregnancy is low risk. I had one at 8 weeks to confirm (or rather move) the due date and then one at 22 weeks. Unless one of the midwives I go to sees a medical need for it, I won't have another. I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday. During my 33 week appointment my fundus measurement was bigger than they were expecting and the midwife said they were going to see what it was the next week and then if it was still bigger than expected, I would have an ultrasound at 36 weeks. At the next week appointment, she was back to measuring normal. She must have just had a growth spurt from 32 to 33 weeks.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Most doctors offices around here dont do one after the 20 weeks u/s. I have Kaiser for this pregnancy and they do one in the office at 35 weeks to check position of the baby and cervical length
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009