Anyone regretting putting a tattoo on their bodies?

I do. Thank god that it is on my back. I'm getting older and I don't think it so much attractive anymore.

Parents do something good for your children don't let them have a permanent tattoo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. Things like that just aren't worth feeling regret over. I have one on my leg that I don't like anymore - so I'm getting it covered up with a new one when I have the $$. The two on my hips were destroyed by 10 lb babies & Csections LOL... so if I ever get a tummy tuck, those will be covered up, too.

I'm planning a new one (#6) in honor of my uncle who passed away earlier this year.

My most recent I got in March -- It's not pretty or anything - someone signed my wrist & I just had it traced over.... so not pretty font or anything like that. Others might look at it & have preconceived notions about me for it - but that just helps me weed out the hypocrits. I LOVE this tattoo & means a WHOLE WHOLE lot to me.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• What is it of? I don't regeret any of mine. All of my tatts mean something to me, I didn't put on a random tatt that I thought was "cute" cuz if I did...maybe I would regret it like others do.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 12:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Myblessin
    What is it of?

When I was 21 my boyfriend (now my dh) thought that it would be fun for both to have a Gothic tattoo he designed his own I went for one on the "catalog".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• hmmm I love my tattoo and I will love the next one I'm getting, but my tattoos symbolize something very special to me so in order to regret the tattoo I would have to regret whatever it symbolizes which I do not see happening... ever. This could be because I waited 3 years to get a tattoo that I planned to make sure I would still want it and like the idea. I will have waited close to 5 years by the time I get the next one and I still like the idea I just have to decide where to get it on my body.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I haven't yet gotten my tattoo, but like MyBlessin... I am getting my daughters birth feet print tattoo'd on me along with her nickname... I don't personally care what it's going to look like in 40 years because the tatoo will have meaning for me.
    amber_1024

Answer by amber_1024 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't have any on my back....I don't regret any on my tat's.
    but If i would have got a target (tramp stamp) I would of regreted it. I think they are unattractive, and I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite for telling my daughter that thats trashy, yet I have one. so thank goodness I didn't get one
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• but thats also why I think ppl should think long and hard about what ur going to get, I always say, "Am I gonna regret this later"
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have one. I got it in May, I don't regret it, just not sure I chose the best place for it, over my heart, but its there. It has a red heart in the center (to represent me), a smaller gold heart dead center above it ( for my boyfriend), 2 blue flowers on each side of the gold heart (just because) , and 3 hearts below they are for my kids, a pink one for samantha, a blue one for matthew, and a purple one for becky.

Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 12:54 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• only one of them, and only because the artist didn't really do it the way I wanted.

both my boys will be getting the same celtic knot as their dad and I when they are old enough.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:56 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009