friends.

my daughter has seemed to have lost her friends .nobody calls on her and when she goes to call on them they act like there not home.this is really bringing down my daughters self esteem.i am thinking about switching schools and giving her a new start. she is very shy.i really dont know what is going on in the neighborhood.i dont want to go into school the first day and beging to crab...any advice.any teachers advice on switching schools.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in

• I would make an appointment to see the teacher, there may be something going on at school that you are not aware of. A call to the mothers of the other girls will be useful, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• the other moms dont seem to be talking to me either.thats the reason why they are not talking to her.but i dont know why???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Well...if the other Moms don't want to speak with you and the other girls don't want to speak to your daughter, I say it's time to find new friends. Talk to new people at school, get her involved in different activities in things that interest her like clubs, library functions, dance, sports, art, whatever she is interested in. At these new things she might find young ladies that have similar interests to her and she could begin to form new friendships. I agree with speaking with the teacher privately....just see what information she might have. If it is some sort of 'clique' thing she will definitely know about it if she has known these children for any length of time. I am not sure how old your daughter is, but some girls are just downright mean. Time to get new friends Mama. Anyone who won't return your calls and such isn't really your friend to begin with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• she is 10....GREAT ADVICE.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If she is shy dont switch because then EVERYONE will be new and it will intimidate her. Make her join a sport, music lessons, or another extracurricular activity. Even if she doesn't want to; it will introduce her to new people and give her confidence from learning a new sport or skill.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 11, 2009