What do you think about the healthcare reform?

please no rude comments i just like to hear opinions

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First I like to make a distinction:
    I AM IN FAVOR OF HEALTHCARE REFORM

I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF THE CURRENT PROPOSED HEALTHCARE REFORM.

The being said- I would like to see (just an example):
    *Tort Reform first
    *It be made illegal for an insurance company to drop you or deny you coverage because of a preexisting condition
    *Either (A) the federal government made to fish for and pay for their own coverage, or (B) them have to use the "Public Choice" they are trying to make American's accept, or (C) this "14,000" that don't have insurance should be able to buy into the current insurance the federal government has.
    *And I don't want my tax dollars paying for ILLEGALS to receive medical services while being exempt from paying taxes.

*** I just don't think these current bills (or proposed bills) are the answer; There's too much room for government interruption, interference, interdependence and control.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's a disaster. The current bill will tax Americans to death, strip us of our rights and in the end ration health care. EVERY other country where they have nationalized health care it's rationed. People are coming HERE from those countries for health care.

My DH was talking to a women who came here from a country where they have a very socialistic government and she was nearly in tears after reading the health care reform bill.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think this country has already been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for several years, and this will send it right over the edge. Think about it....the fact that government revenues are wayyyy down is pretty well known. So, we don't have as much money coming in. The budget deficit has been rising at an astonishing rate pretty much daily. The national debt is at a rate where it's pretty much insurmountable. We have Medicaid and Social Security entitlements that are going to grow exponentially now that the Baby Boomers are beginning to retire. Raising taxes will only be a drop in the bucket towards paying the interest on the national debt--it won't make a single difference about paying for national health care.

I've studied economics, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist...or even a degree, just some common sense--to realize that this is simply unsustainable and will certainly be a big enough shove over the edge.
    Anonymous

• I demand my 10th ammendment right(s)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I agree with Pace. I don't think anyone will say that there doesn't need to be some changes to our health care system to ensure those that want insurance can get it. But I also think that if you understand the risks and don't want it, the government shouldn't make it a law to have health insurance. That's your choice.

This bill is not about fixing those problems. It's a monstrous POS full of vague terms and crap that should not be in a an "affordable healthcare" bill. I, for one, sincerely hope it doesn't pass.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:41 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• All of the above are correct
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I just want to add this; I sincerely think that a LOT of the argument back and forth is because of a great mis-communication because Democrats think that anyone who is saying no is saying No to Reform- period.

That is not the case. We all want reform. We don't want this one. Because I don't want this Reform does NOT mean that I think all Democrats and their ideas or offers of solution are all bad. That's not the case.

Not to down-play this or dismiss the severity of what's happening across our country, but;
    This whole thing is as simple AND as complicated as having a brain-storming session wherein ONE person comes up with an idea and the majority says NO, it won't work - then that ONE person screams "foul" because he want's his idea to be the one used and accuses anyone who opposes him of not wanting to find a solution to the problem at all - when that's what the whole brain-storming session is about to begin with.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Nicely said PaceMyself !

I have been reading the bill available on the House website ... I realize it's going to get changed around, but I've been reading it to see their ambitions in the bill they THOUGHT was going to get passed before August. I figure it will give a great insight into their true goal, before they go to extra pains to hide it.

NOT a good bill ... whole swathes of details are left up to a Director who will be appointed AFTER the bill becomes law ... and appointed by Sebelius, who is not a model for compassion.

Gov't bans on doctors owning their offices/equipment, on hospitals expanding their facilities ...
    Doctors/clinics are already licensed & regulated, but this requires further "standards" for them to be qualified for the gov't - what are these new standards? (offer abortion on demand? accept very low payments? obedience to gov't rationing healtcare?) We can't know until the new Director dictates.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Long overdue and the sooner it comes the better
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009