How much water do you drink a day?

Is it true that you should drink half your body weight in water? Or is that just a WW rule? I read that somewhere, I dunno.

I think I'm up to about 65 ounces today so far. I'm really trying to drink more water and it's a hard habit to get into O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i heard the same ,that you should drink half your body weight. but normally all i drink at hime is water. its rare for me to drink tea or juice. i occassionally have some choc milk(hate white milk). but the only time i drink soda is when i'm not home. so i drink quite a bit of water.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Half your weight...what? I've never heard that, lol. The only standard I've heard as a minimum of 8 8oz glasses a day. I drink about 4 20oz bottles of water, so I'm in the clear. :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have this jug of water that's 1gallon, i usually try to drink it all, but don't always make it. but when I'm not drinking water, I'm eating ice.
    I have to do this b/c my ob took me off of all fast food, junk food, and I'm only allowed to have 2glasses of soda.

P.S.
    you don't have to drink just water, fill a glass have way up with juice and add the rest with water.
    juice counts too
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have a 26 oz bottle on my desk at work that I try to refill throughout the day. If I don't drink enough water, I tend to feel sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do you feel better when you drink a lot of water? Because I feel weak as hell and I have to pee allllllllllllllllllllllllll the time. I'm literally getting up every ten minutes after I've drank 20 ounces. I'm guessing your body gets used to it after a few days? I'm hoping it'll help me lose weight if I cut out all other drinks except my daily coffee.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I drink at least 5 glasses (16 oz size) of water a day.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You should drink at least 64 oz a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Caitxrawks - I do have to pee a lot, but I'm pregnant, so I'd be peeing all the time anyway. LOL. I've never felt weak from drinking too much water, though. I've always gotten headaches in the evening or the next day from not drinking enough water. Especially if I'm out doing stuff and not just sitting around the house. And I'm talking about when I wasn't pregnant. I'm really anal about drinking the water since being pregnant.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm pregnant, it's summer, and I live in a high desert environment. I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day. That's ALL I drink except for the occassional glass of dilute grapefruit juice and (sometimes, if I have time to make it) "coffee" that's more milk than coffee. I'm with the OP: If I don't drink enough, I get dehydration headaches the next day and once I get one, it takes about a day and a half to catch up with what my body needs again.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:45 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The 8 glasses of water rule is BS to me. I am 5'7, 165 and if i drink 8 glasses of water a day I get the runs.. not just the normal runs either, I get them to the point where my butt is peeing water when it runs out of poo runs, and that is NOT healthy.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Aug. 11, 2009