Is it ok to to do half formula and half cows milk if your child is almost a year?

My daughter is up every three hours to eat almost every night. no matter how much solid food I give her during the day. I know you are not supposed to start your child on cows milk until they are 1. But is it normal for her to be up so much to eat? I am trying to figure out a way to help her sleep better. So just wondering if anyone else has done this? or knows another I could help her sleep better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• use all cows milk and some oatmeal in it, my sons pedi told me not to mix them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Milk is liquid. It runs out of her body realy fast {pee} if she pees alot that may confirm that she needs more solid or she'll be hungry faster. Did you try putting baby cereal in her bottle alongside the baby formula?? 8oz bottle with 1oz baby cereal in a 8oz bottle would do the trick. and I believe if you wanted you can test your child with regular milk when she's like 10-11 months old.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 12:29 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Do you give her solids before bed? We give cereal and fruit about an hour before bed, then a bottle of formula before I lay her down. That seems to work. I'm not a huge fan of putting cereal in the bottle. It can lead to overeating and poses a choking hazard.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You're not supposed to use cow's milk until they are getting their nutrition from real food (not baby food) There is nothing magical about the day they turn one.

Adding milk isn't going to help, it has fewer calories than formula anyway. Try upping her caloric intake during the day (not just right before bed) and see if that helps. Give her real food.

And when you do switch to milk off of formula, there is no reason to mix it with the formula unless there is a possible dairy sensitivity you're testing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 11, 2009