Bumpy ride~

My bf drives a car that is "dropped", meaning the car is very low to the pavement. Living in NY, most of you know that we are full of pot holes everywhere!
The bumps are ridiculous and it makes me worried that it is perhaps hurting the baby.
Sometimes the bumps are so rough my butt raises off the seat and hits back into the seat pretty hard. I dont have much pain because of it... but could this be damaging?
I see my doc tomorrow, just woud like to know if you guys have any advice... Thanks(16 weeks)

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 12:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• shouldn't be..it will just make you freaking sick...
    my husband has a truck thats slammed and we have pot wholes every where in houston. it always made me sick...i ended up just making him drive my car (I have an ford expedition) and once I got out of that slammed truck I felt so much better
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• No, baby should be just fine. But you might request avoiding the worst roads, if possible, for comfort's sake. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• not comfy but it takes alot more then a bumpy ride to hurt that baby it's got alot of protection in there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• your body is like her personal.. air bag.. if you wanna say. especially since your only 16 weeks the baby will be perfectly fine. rmr you get the impact before s/he does.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009