Were you teased as a child (for whatever reason)?

I sure was. I even remember kids being mean to me in preschool.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:57 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was...I had early growth spurts. I was 5' by the time I was in 5th grade, I looked like a freaking giant. and then by 7th grade I was already 5'7. so I always got picked on...but after 7th grade I didn't grow any more...lucky me
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes I sure was! I got called the racial n-word all the time. It pissed me off because I am white, not that it makes it any better. I was brought up in an area where there were no other races except for white. I have olive skin, but I mean I am obviously white. Now those same people are using damaging sun beds to get the same color skin that I have.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• YEP!! Honestly, I can't imagine ANY child surviving growing up NOT being teased by their peers--of course some more than others!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I was teased in later middle school (maybe grades six to eight) because I got good grades and wore glasses. I was automatically a nerd because of that, apparently. Once I went to high school (a MUCH bigger school) I didn't have any real issues, though I was never one of the cool kids- they all had better clothes than me. I was from the 'working class' part of town.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:01 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Whaaaat? I can't believe people called you that, kirsty. That's just horrible. And I grew to 5'6" by the time I was in 5th grade =] I was so glad when everyone evened out in high school.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes I was. I changed schools a couple times and I got teased for being the new kid. Then as I got older I got teased because my head is on the bigger side and I have really thick hair which made it look bigger! Ohh kids can be so mean! It's proportionate now but I guess when I was smaller it was noticeable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes, and it never ended well for them =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:03 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• lol
    you know those good smelling markers?
    well my fave was the burnt marshmallow scent
    I thought since it smelled so much like burnt marshmallow it would taste like it too

so i took the ink stick out of the marker case and bit into it and all of this black ink got all over the inside of my mouth...LOL it didt taste like burnt marshmallow by the way and since then I was known as the girl who ate markers...LOL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ya they even made up a song about me:(I dont know if they made it up or was already a song) But the worst part was the school never did anything and my parents would be there everyday.
    5,4,3,2,1,
    grandfather has a gun
    pull that trigger
    shoot that n
    I
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:05 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I used to speak out against people that said mean things to me in class. I remember in middle school, we were having sex ed (ugh) and we had to be paired up with another person and read lines about abstinence. They guy I got paired up with started laughing with his buddies and was like "OMG she would suffocate me!" I flipped out and started screaming at him.

Luckily I'm more mellow now. I just stew over mean things...or write about them here =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009