DO YOU WEAR AGE APPROPRIATE CLOTHES?

I AM TURNING 60 THIS YEAR, AND IDON'T THINK I OWN ANYTHING AGE APPROPRIATE, I WEAR MY DAUGHTERS CLOTHES MOST OF THE TIME, THE ONE THING I WON'T WEAR ARE THE REAL SHORT SHORTS, HOW ABOUT YOU? DO YOU DRESS ACCORDING TO YOUR AGE? OR DO YOU DRESS ACCORDING TO HOW GOOD IT LOOKS AND FEELS?

Asked by older at 1:06 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't know if i do or not....nor do i care...i wear what i like...i think it's age appropriate.

You're a good looking 60 mama:-)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I think it depends on a lot of things.
    Personally, I try to dress more situation appropriate.
    I used to look really dowdy for work, and a lot older. But I realized I could still look like me, but in a professional way.

After i had my daughter, I kinda got rid of a lot of my "club" looking clothes, I don't really go out htat much and they were not really great for everyday with the baby wear.

I have bought some realyl cute sun dresses this summer, and that sort of thing. I didn't want to look like the mom that had given up, just a little more grown up.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:23 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If I am at a family party , jeans and a nice black halter top.
    If I am at Florida , I wear short shorts tank top as long as no one from my town sees me.
    At school everything covered or else the jealous moms report you.
    At AC whatever I want..............
    But bottom line you have to be aware that if you are a little risque you can't be bending over with juicy written on yur butt just be aware of your sorroundings and location.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I'm a balance between worlds. I think I dress more situation appropiate more than age. However, I realize that I'm not 21 anymore and that I don't have the body I did at age 21. hahaha
    I'm 32, I don't wear low - low cut jeans, but you won't find mom jeans in my closet either, rather a nice dark rinse bootcut. Love my A-line skirts, empire/flowy dresses, polos and the like. I refer to my style as grown up Prep.

My mum is 67 and looks more like early 60's and is always in fashion. She manages to find classic, stylish pieces that keep people guessing her age. Whatever the age or style work it like your life depended on it.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh, congrats on turning 60!
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• THANK YOU LADYBUGKISSES76!!!!!!

Answer by older at 5:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• as long as it looks good, and is stituation appropriate, go ahead and wear it!
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• THANK YOU ONETOUGHMAMI!!!!!

Answer by older at 7:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2009