Cheap, easy crafts for 3-4 year olds

I'm going to have 3 3-4 year old kids in my house Thursday (along with a todler and an infant!) and am looking for a cheap, easy crafty thing to do with them. It's one boy and two girls, so I need something not too gender specific. I can make a trip to the craft store tomorrow, so it doesn't have to be all common household supplies. Thanks!

chillemi78

Asked by chillemi78 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Buy clear sticky paper. Allow the children to put random things on it like popsicle sticks, feathers, beads noodles... If youget some markers they can color the popsicle sticks and what not. Then once they have made their creation, take another piece of sticky paper and lay it on top to "seal" the creation. :)

I have also found that coloring books are a lifesaver!! AND they are cheap :P HTH
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Oh, and if you visit SPROUT. com they have a TON of cheap cool projects :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• One of my sons favorite projects is going on a nature walk and collecting interesting things along the way. (flowers, bird feathers, leaves etc.) Then we bring them home and I help him hot glue onto a piece of cardboard. We like to recycle our cardboard from packages or cereal boxes. Sometimes he will decorate the inside of an old shoe box with his "treasures". its a lot of fun for him and it gets us out of the house and a little exercise at the same time.
    Justbeachy33

Answer by Justbeachy33 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Shaving cream on baking sheets! Very fun. Easy to clean up. Makes the house and kids smell nice. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009