Does anyone else think the man needs to close his mouth and open his EARS??

Town hall meeting my rear end. He is giving another long (boring) speech. I think it's time he shut up and listen. Thats why things are out of hand....people don't feel like he is LISTENING. So what does he do...he gives ANOTHER dang speech! My god the man loves the sound of his own voice. Does anyone else (both sides) think it would be better for him to LISTEN? Might help them out of this hole they are digging....

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yes, but he loves the sound of his great wise voice so much,lol-not!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• He will listen when the teleprompter tells him to listen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Did you notice that the first "random" question Obama selected was from a STATE REP?!?! Like this isn't staged!!!!

PUH LEEEEESE!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:30 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• He IS saying what Americans want to hear. The problem is do we trust him to DO what he says? So far I cannot take one word what's he's said and say that it's wrong. We DO need all that he said we need. Still, problem is our government (whom ever wrote these current (proposed) reform bills) made it so vague, stuck in so many open-ended statements, etc till there's TOO much room for loopholes, dirty fingers, rotten deals and bad care.

I do have a problem in that I've been told for weeks that this is not HIS healthcare bill - but he just said "Our" when referring to the current proposal. "Our:" is ownership - so stop telling me that he doesn't want the current bills.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• The man HAS to have his questions and answers ready before hand...and OMG what party is using CHILDREN now...sick.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Mom...I totally agree!! CHILDREN?!?!?! Sorry, sweetie--you don't vote...you don't get a say!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I would like to see him address the ACTUAL language of the bills; fairly, I would like for him to insist that the language of the bills are SO clear that they cannot be misconstrued, misunderstood, twisted, or loop-holed through by some bureaucrat down the road.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• This is SO dang FAKE...When I see him go to an arlen Spector type meeting THEN I will be impressed...THIS is COMPLETELY staged and POINTLESS!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• ..... rather than having Medicare say that it is disallowed. My mother is on Medicare - NO ONE can tell me that it's the best - she's had a tumor in her chest wall pressing on her lung for years (but Medicare states that because the tumor itself is not cancerous OR a threat to her life, they will NOT cover having it removed) They WILL however, continue to pay for oxygen because she can't breathe..... yep, good government care (note the sarcasm).

I hope America doesn't fall for this tactic. (This "town hall") Tell me THIS wasn't orchestrated.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Pace--you are ABSOLUTELY right!!! But then, Obama hasn't/isn't/won't actually read the bill!!!

Notice how he's now talking health INSURANCE reform, not health CARE reform?!?! Very subtle, but he's trying to spin it!!!

Looks like another campaign speech!! LAME!!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:40 PM on Aug. 11, 2009