Starting solids!! What is the best food for my daughter? Any websites about making baby food?

I want to know the best kinds of food to give my daughter. I want to make my own baby food I dont really like the jarred baby food in the store. I would rather give her somethingI know whats in it being made by me. My daughter is 7 months old just starting solids. She has had carrots, peas, orange, banana, avacado. I want to give her plenty of vitamins and absolutely do not want to give her too much sugar. If anyone has any ideas or help I would really really appreciate it!! Thank you!

HeidilovesNyla

Asked by HeidilovesNyla at 1:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just google homemade baby food. there is also alot of groups on cafemom about that
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You're already doing great! wholesomebabyfoods.com.

Me, I never made anything special. He ate what we ate. Worked very well.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• At 7 months don't worry about making baby food.

Just cut up pieces of what you're eating as long as it's single ingredient and you give her the 3-5 day try on all new foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I chewed my kids food, I know it sounds nasty...but that's how I was raised. Scrambled eggs is good to start with. I gave my kids scrambled eggs when they were 3 months old. just mash them a bit
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 4:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2009