Are doctors supposed to call you back?

What do you all think?
I take Armour thyroid for hypothyroid. Recently, they changed the formula, and it is not working for me.
I called my doctor, left a message, and he called the pharmacy and ordered me a different prescription.
But I didn't know he did that, cuz he never called me. He has no secretary, it is just him, and I had no idea he had even gotten my call. So I never checked with the pharmacy.
Should he have called me and said he did this?
I am a little mad, but don't know if I have the right to be.

Lovey1234

Asked by Lovey1234 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Health

• Common courtesy, they are supposed to but don't. Sometimes they are too busy, but when you are waiting for medicine and they don't even let you know that it is available it does get very irritating.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes he should have called you back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I went to my regular appt before I delivered and told the dr I had a uti. He had my urine tested. I heard nothing. Four weeks after I delivered they called to say I had a uti on my last appt. WTH!!!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 1:36 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Um y on earth does he not have a receptionist? Thats crazy to me, how do u make appointmets?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Yes he SHOULD have called you. But, I have found that you have to call them ... and keep calling them!!! I only wait half a day for a call back before I call again ( I am all polite about it, but frankly the squeaky wheel always get the grease )!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Ideally he or his staff should have, but the ideal rarely happens. If you are unsure about it call them, and keep calling until you get an answer. As Morgain said above me, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Doctors work for us, so make him work for you.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:52 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• You need to find a new doctor. Our family doctor ALWAYS calls me back, even when I ask to have the nurse call

Answer by rkoloms at 2:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009