Why do my hips and outer thighs hurt so bad when i lay down?

I am 37 to 38 weeks and when i lay down my hips hurt and even when i am sitting down it can too what do you think is causing the pain i have tried Tylenol and taking a warm bath but its still there.

newmom183

Asked by newmom183 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your hips are spreading to prepare for child birth :( It will be over soon!! :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:24 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• the only thing i can say is that it's just pregnancy lol. when i was preg with my first my thighs got reallly big so when i laid down all the weight kind of slopped down and it made the top of my thigh hurt. as for the hips, girl my hips hurted the entire pregnancy lol. but i can guarantee you'll start to ignore it after a while and notice the other pains of pregnancy. good luck mommy
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 1:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's probably your baby's head lodged in there pretty good! Their head starts making it's way down BEFORE you even go into labor. Massage the area, and Try to take it easy! It won't be too long now mama!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Sounds like the hormone Relaxin is doing it's job! ;-) You can try using a pillow or two between your legs~ some women use half a dozen pillows when they sleep... It helps!
    A visit to the chiropractor or acupuncturist might help some, too.
    Good luck!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:32 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• i know it blows monkey nuts!!!! i had that pain aLOT!
    it really will be over the day or next day you have ur baby!
    promise.
    ohgodimamom

Answer by ohgodimamom at 2:42 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• It's your pelvic bone. It has joints and starts to shift out and in when you sit and stand and or lay and stand up. You got it till the baby comes
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 3:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Your pelvis is separating. I'm in my 3rd pregnancy, and my pelvic pain always starts at around 20 weeks. You will learn different ways to move to lesson the pain. Like, when you get out of bed, keep your legs together, swing your feet around and get up that way. Anything that requires splitting your legs (like for me stepping into my underwear) will hurt worse. Sit down to put on your pants and shoes instead of lifting a leg to step into stuff. The bad news is, the pain may get worse. The good news is, after you deliver, the pain goes away.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:27 PM on Aug. 11, 2009